District 10 ARES Net
Beginning January 7th, 2021
FIRST Thursday of each month at 7:oo PM
147.015 repeater PL 110.9
then switch to 146.415 simplex
(TX PL of 100 hz is suggested for simplex)
- We will begin taking checkins on the 147.015 repeater by county. At that time we will designate a single county liaison station who will take simplex checkins for their county after the repeater net.
- We will switch to simplex after the repeater net and the District Net control will call for each county liaison station. That county liaison station will then call for checkins within their own county and relay those all back to the district net control. The district net control will then move to the next county.
- Goals – There are many things that this net will accomplish, a few key things are
- Have a monthly gathering on a district wide level to allow the counties to get to know eachother’s operators
- Reinforce 147.015 as being the primary District 10 frequency
- Simplex practice – get to know how well your station works without a repeater
- Relay practice – On simplex, it’s not all just about who can hear net control. All stations on the net need to know how to relay stations in that net control isn’t hearing. This skill is key to effective simplex operation
- Interoperability – Do you know who the “big guns” are in your adjoining counties? Do you know how to reach them if your local repeaters and phones aren’t working? Well, you will now.
- All stations that check in are encouraged to keep their own log of stations they hear on simplex along with a signal report and submit it to Mat KC8NZJ at the conclusion of the net.
Submitted net logs can be viewed here.